We are always thrilled when we get up to Thiensville to spend time with this wonderful family. Therefore, we were excited to get to sit down with the whole Shully’s family. It’s a special treat when our whole agenda is talking food and festivities at the Watermark! Please check out their website for more details!
Scott and Beth started Shully’s by catering small, intimate dinner parties in their clients’ homes. They moved into their current building in Thiensville in 1992. Now it’s an affair for the whole family, with their children Nina, Hadley, and Jacob serving on their culinary and events teams. Shully’s once hosted small events in the Thien Room, and weddings and larger events in a semi-permanent tent space. In 2013 they built the Watermark, where they now host events of up to 350 guests in the summer (when the exterior spaces and tent can be used) and 275 guests in the winter. Additionally, 75% of Shully’s business is comprised of off-site catering. They have a fully mobile kitchen, so your meals are prepared fresh at your venue, not stored in a hot box for transport.
Fun facts about the Shully family
- Scott and Beth catered their own wedding!
- The family’s favorite dishes by Shully’s: seared arctic char, bone-in brined pork chop, linguine with clams, filet with caramelized milk sauce, turkey cranberry brie croissant, chicken picatta (yeah, this family loves to eat!)
- Adult beverages of choice: chardonnay, Gewürztraminer, whiskey old fashioned with olive, brandy old fashioned sweet, a smoky cabernet, Bells 2 Hearted Ale
- Favorite junk foods: Hot fudge custard sundae with pecans, flaming hot cheetos, Grandma Rudy’s French onion dip with Door County kettle chips, smoked meats, salsa, and cheese!
- Birthdays are HUGE in the Shully family. They love to throw big parties and play Loaded Questions. Obviously, cooking can get very competitive at a Shully’s potluck, and they always have an enormous spread. They carry this tradition over to the Watermark as well, celebrating employees birthdays and hosting employee appreciation events at the venue!
What services does Shully’s offer?
Chefs collaborate and consult with clients on the menu. Every menu is totally custom, inspired by their client’s stories. Shully’s can also help you coordinate your entire wedding or event, including bar service, security, entertainment, floral, linens, you name it! It’s important to be upfront about your catering budget as well. Shully’s can work with you to customize your food offerings and menu to maximize the value of your order.
What kinds of couples are attracted to Shully’s?
Shully’s attracts wedding and event clients who are looking for a personalized food experience and a high level of service. They take pride in their attention to detail and making every event perfectly tailored to the clients and guests. Beth, Hadley, and Nina are all artists and bring their aesthetic sense and creativity to Shully’s events.
To see more of our wedding work, please check out our portfolio!